Impact of Distributed Generation
This project will develop "white paper" report which describes the various distributed generation technologies and summarizes their impact on distribution system design, operation, and protection. The evaluation will include the following topics:
- Characteristics of "distributed resources" technologies.
- Why and where DR are or might be applied.
- How they may affect distribution system performance
- Impact on system reliability
- Current interconnection standards activities
- How DR Impacts can be minimized
- Future concepts where DR can be used to help the distribution system.